Tuesday, December 23, 2008

New Year’s Resolution:

I am a week early but I feel it’s time to start planning my New Year’s Resolution. Overall I plan to be more motivated, since this will affect all areas of my life and not just a simple resolution that is so easy to break. I do have two specific resolutions in addition:

1) To be better with this blog. It has been running on almost E practically since I started. So my plan for 2009 is to write one entry a week, or at least 2 entries per month. Check in and see how I do, this will be one resolution that will be blatantly obvious when it fails.

2) To quit using Q-tips. I had almost succeeded a month ago. I had been sick and not worn my hearing aids for several days, therefore the grease content of my ears was relatively mild. But I do love the feeling of a Q-tip right after taking my hearing aids off and I fell back into my bad habit rather quickly. Fast forward to today where I have irritated my right ear so badly I can’t wear my hearing aid. To add insult to injury I have my annual physical this afternoon and am destined to receive a lecture from my doctor once she looks into my ears.

My Q-tip addiction will be a struggle. With no disrespect to smokers I equate it to breaking the nicotine addiction. For a smoker they enjoy smoking but need to stop due to health reasons (or a variety of other reasons I am sure). For me I enjoy Q-tips but am obviously hurting myself in the process and need to stop. I am giving myself a week to try and stop, but come January 1st I plan on going cold turkey.

I’m sure a great deal of my January entries will be related to Q-tip withdrawal. My biggest issue is that even if I don’t use Q-tips I will often stick my fingers in my ears. I may need to purchase gloves to wear inside the house.
A Happy Holidays to all who may be reading. Wish me luck as I begin this journey. Luck is also needed in getting my right ear able to wear it’s hearing aid so that I can hear and enjoy the holidays.

No comments: