Monday, January 5, 2009

Q-tip Resolution - Day 5

While I have been good with not using Q-tips I have created a substitute: my fingers. This is partly a habit I created a long time ago but is intensified with my lack of Q-tip swabbing. For the health and safety of my ears I need to stop putting anything in my ears except for hearing aids. I'll take this one in baby steps.

I am finding it easy to not grab a Q-tip by making it my resolution. This definite goal and having an audience is helping me adhere to it this time around. My goal is to make it to the end of January. A habit is formed after 3 weeks. Therefore if I manage to survive a month without using Q-tips I will have created a new habit for myself. Furthermore the less I use Q-tips (and subsequently finger scratching) the healthier my ears will become. My theory is that in a months time my desire for Q-tips will have lessened since my ears will feel better when I take my hearing aids off. Only 26 more days until the answer is found.

Baby steps.

No comments: